Immigration Issues/H1B visa transfer

Question
I have been working with company A in India for more than 6.5 yrs. I got H1B visa from another consultant B while I am still working for A in India. The visa is also stamped.
Now, company A which is a large IT giant in India wants me to transfer the visa to there name. I have never travelled using this visa to US and never started working for company B.
Can company A really transfer H1B petition to their name from India itself? They say they'll be using non-cap H1B petition transfer. If so, will I again have to go for re-stamping or will my visa stamp in company B's name work?

Thanks in advance!

BR,
Mohammed.

Answer

Co. A can file an H1B petition with the USCIS through its U.S. branch or subsidiary. You will not be subject to the visa cap. However, if your intention will be to work for Co. A when you enter the U.S., you should apply for an H1B visa stamp at the U.S. Consulate in the name of Co. A.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora