Immigration Issues/immi help


my wife is a us citizen and we are about to file i 130 and other papers with immigratation. i am currently here in us right now on a tourist visa, but my question where should i start the process; here in us or go back to india file papers there.which is easier? fees and time? and when will i recieve my gc

Start here!!!!!!  It will take years if you go back to India, and you will not be allowed back until the paperwork is done.

Process the 1-130 and adjustment of status here. At the same time apply for a temporary work authorization. You may even want to apply for a parole re-entry permit so that you can leave the country while the process is working.

And if you do not understand what I just described, get professional help. A simple error could cost you years of productive life, a job, etc.

Good luck and let me know if you need my assistance.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.