Immigration Issues/F2 to H1B


Hi, I have a F-2 student dependent visa from India. I would like to convert it to H1B visa status. Kindly let me know the procedure for the same.

I also have 5 year of work experience from India in Human Resources (consultancy).


To convert from F2- to H-1B you would need an employer to sponsor your H-1B visa to allow you to work temporarily for the employer. The proffered job should be a professional position. To get further information on the process you can google or visit

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.