Immigration Issues/time taken for a LPR to migrate to US

Hello Sir,i live in bombay,india,got married in sep 05 to a green card holder who had immigrated to US(NY)In sep 02.she has already completed her stay of more than 5 years in US.She filed for I-130 for me in july 06,my question is normally how long would i take to come there and once she becomes a US citizen? I know she can uplift my papers once she becomes a Citizen,Can u plz tell WHAT WILL BE THE BENEFITS OF HER UPLIFTING MY PAPERS AND ROUGHLY HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE INTERVIEW OR MY PAPERS TO BE PROCESSED?

I cannot provide you with any exact time frame for obtaining your immigrant visa. As processing times change and it also depends on the time taken by the US consulate in your country. I can only give you a ball park figure. Once your wife becomes a citizen she would have to upgrade your I-130 to that of an immediate relative category and the US State department would then begin the processing of your immigrant visa. After completion of the paperwork they will then forward it to the US consulate in India. The US consulate based on their processing times would call you for an interview and approve your immigrant visa. I would estimate that it would take around a 8-12 months after your spouse becomes a US citizen.

Best of luck.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,