Immigration Issues/I485--adjustment of status

Question
Hello, plz help.
Today I got my i485(empoyment based) approved in my interview but my wife and son's was put on hold. The officer wanted to deny it because their H4 has expired(renewal was denied). My attorney argued that the H4 does not need to be current because they are riding on my inital application. The officer said he will research this situaton. My lawyer said they will approve it for my family. I just want to get a second opinion as my lawyer has made mistakes with my case before. Is this true.....H4 does not need to be current.

Answer

If your family was maintaining their H4 status (in other words their I-94 had not expired) at the time that their I-485 (adjustment of status application) was filed, they were not required to extend their H4 status beyond the filing of I-485.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora