Immigration Issues/advance parole with green card

Question
I left the US in Nov. last year and cannot return till Dec. this year. Since I will be away from the US for more than 1 year, I may loose my green card. I did not apply for the reentry permit before leaving. Can my husband apply for it now from the US for me?
Thanks
Rajni

Answer

You should be present in the U.S. when applying for reentry permit. Also, the USCIS will schedule for biometrics (fingerprinting) appointment within a few weeks of application, and the applicant must appear for biometrics in order for reentry permit to be approved.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora