Immigration Issues/denied entry to usa

Question
Hi Eileen,could you please tell me what steps i can take next in order to gain a waifer of visa to visit my faughter in the usa. i was convicted of culpable homicide some twenty six years ago, iserved two years in prison and i havent been in prison since or before my arrest. i am a decent person and i only defended myself from attack. i dont want to go into all the details but i think i am being unfairly treated a this was something that happened a long time ago and i havent re-offended since.All i want to do is visit my daughter and spend some tome with her. i own my own home and i am in full time employment.

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear William,

Sorry to hear of these misfortunes.  However, gaining a waiver for having been convicted of homicide is going to be very difficult.  It is up to the US Embassy in your country to take the waiver application and as I understand it, the waiver application is not always adjudicated at that Embassy.  This means that the waiver will be forwarded elsewhere for adjudication and it will likely pend for a long time, months, even a year or more.  This is typical.

Is your daughter a US citizen?  If so, maybe she can apply for a greencard for you and if so, there is a slightly different process to submit the waiver and it could be approved more willingly.  

Good luck,
Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com

Eileen Chun-Fruto