You are here:

Immigration Issues/to own a business with L-2 visa


Dear Sir,
My wife holds L-1 visa and I hold L-2 visa and I have my work permit (EAD). We live in Indianapolis. My wife's assignment might end in 2010.  I know that, when my wife's L-1 expires, my L-2 visa will expire too.  
I don't work know but I want to start a business in the States.My question is: What happens to my business  when my L-2 visa expires in 2010?  What should I do to go on my business before my L-2 visa expires?  Should I stop my own company before my L-2 visa's expiration date or should I apply for another type of visa to go on my business?

Thanks for your help

Ozan Imamoglu  

If you are on L2 and your wife's L1 expires you are out of status.  In order to continue a business, you should consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your options to remain in the US and operate a business.  This forum is too limited to properly advise.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]