Immigration Issues/spouse application for US citizinship

Dear Mark,
I was born in the US 23 years ago. My parents worked there and we stayed after my birth for 3 more years before going to my parents birth country. Hence, i currently have the American passport that i renew every couple of years. I got married several months ago, and i wanted to know what the procedures are for applying for my husband to get his passport? Is it do-able in the first place? if yes, how long does it approximately take to get it done?
Thanks alot

You cannot get your husband a US passport if he is not a US citizen.  You are by virtue of birth in the US but your husband is not.  If your husband wanted to become a US citizen he would first have to apply for a green card.  He could do this because he is married to a US citizen. Once approved he would then have to wait a few years to apply for citizenship. This is not a complicated process and any immigration attorney could help.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient