Immigration Issues/visa status


This My situation
I have been studying in Maryland for 3 years and half on F-1 Visa while I was studying, I met my girlfriend and We have been together almost 3 years. Also,we decided to get married in next year. So, recently Me and my girlfriend went to my country to visit and get permission my parents. As a result, When I came to U.S, I got new I-94. My girlfriend is U.S citizen, who was born here and is currently working in U.S company as a financialist.

first question)
What kind of document do we need to have in specifically?
second question)
Do I have to wait at least 2 months to submit our all documents due to my new I-94 form because I heard that If my I-94 form is within 2 months, then It could be the reason to not allow our marriage.
I really appreciate it



Though it is not required to wait for two months for immediate relative application.  I would suggest that it is  a good idea to do so. For list of documents, please read the instructions on and in the instructions to form I-485.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]