Immigration Issues/EAD-individual vs attorney

Question
Hello Mr. Ajay
I am on L2 visa and have been here for a month now.I want to apply for EAD.Is there any difference when an individual applies for EAD and an attorney does on the behalf of an individual.I read few posts which say that the former takes more time than the latter.Is this correct?

Thanks
Mehnaz

Answer

The processing time is the same whether filed individually or through an attorney. Of course, if there is an error in the application (perhaps due to failure to follow instructions stated on the application, or a general lack of knowledge of immigration laws), the processing time will be longer than if the application was filed corrected in the first place.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora