Immigration Issues/lost passport and I-94

Question
I  have married a U.S.A.  citizen  what is my next step

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Maria,

There is a form called the Form I-102 which is a request to the USCIS for a replacement I-94.  The instructions will tell you to provide details about the date when you entered, the port of entry, etc.  Whether the USCIS will have their records confirming such entry is a whole other story.  Be sure that you fill out the I-102 as completely as possible to increase your chances.  And responses to I-102 do take time, so plan early.

The I-102 is a chance for you to get a replacement I-94 so you can then file for your permanent residency.  Without your I-94, you will face major challenges in your application based on your marriage.

Good luck and if you like, you can check my blog at: www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com where we often talk about situations that are now arising in immigration law that affect the application process.  It is a good way of knowing what to expect and if there's a topic you would like us to blog about, just send us a note through our contact form online.  It is also available at www.fongandchun.com

Best,
Eileen Chun-Fruto

Eileen Chun-Fruto