Immigration Issues/Asylee to Citizen

Question
I was granted asylum on sept. 25 2003 and one year later i applied for a green card, which took over two years.
then i was issued a green card which says I am resident since 2/22/2006.

I read a lot of thread online and in some place i saw that you can apply for citizenship after 4 years.

I am not sure if it means 4 years from the date on the green card or what?
also i want to know if i can have the years i was waiting for the green card are counted toward the five years overall.

Thank you
Zack

Answer

You should wait for 4 years and 9 months from 02/22/2006 before applying for citizenship, as the USCIS allows the naturalization application to be filed up to 3 months before the normal waiting time of 5 years from "resident since" dated noted on the green card.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora