Immigration Issues/Married to GC holder, H1 expires, apply for F1

Question
I just married a GC holder and I have an H1B. My husband obtained his GC 1 month ago so he has about 5 years before he is a citizen and can sponsor. My H1B expires in 2 years. We do not want to be separated therefore to fill the gap between 2 and 5 years, I plan to convert my H1B to a F1 visa and go back to school. Is it possible to convert my H1B to a F1 knowing that I am married to a GC holder or will there be any issue?

Answer
Shoo Mi,
Your COS to F-1 should be approvable under the circumstances provided you do not file any immigrant visa applications during this time.

You could also look into the options to extend your H visa beyond the six year limit.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan