Immigration Issues/Returning Resident Visa

Question
Hello!
I am Liramie. I just want to have question about a returning resident visa. I married a U.S. citizen and we live in the U.S for 5 years then we move here in the Philippines up until present. July 2003 when we move here in the Philippines then I secure a reentry permit so, when we go back last 2005 in the states I don't have any problem. We fly back here in the Philippines after a month of vacation in the states in 2005 and since then we haven't been back to the states. My green card will expire on 2015. Now I want to go back to the states,can I apply for a returning resident visa. My green card hasn't expire yet, does it help? I truly thank you for your time in reading my question.More power!

Liramie

Answer

Since 2 years have elapsed since your last entry to the U.S., you are considered to have abandoned your green card.

However, your husband, who is a U.S. citizen, can sponsor you again for resident status in the U.S. by filing the Petition for Alien Relative: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130.pdf

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora