Immigration Issues/I-130 petition for spouse by permanent resident

Question
I am green card holder and filed the petition I 130 for my spouse in july 2010. when i check the visa bulletin the current cases are for the month of april 2010. I would like to know when i can expect her interview for visa. can u please help me

Answer

Although the priority date is current, the USCIS can still take several months for processing the immigrant petition (I-130 petition) that was filed in April, 2010. Since the average processing time is cleared, and priority date is current, you should receive I-130 approval notice from USCIS soon and shortly thereafter communication from the National Visa Center (NVC) with instructions for your wife to obtain immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate in India.

Ajay K. Arora