Immigration Issues/Apply L2 EAD and L1 Visa together

Question
Hi , Thank you for the previous answer. I just needed one more clarification. Can my husband come to US on L2 Visa  and apply for EAD and at the same time apply for change of status from L2 to L1B-individual together . This is because my current L1B petition is only valid till April 2010. So even after L2 & EAD we would prefer that he has a fresh L1B stamped. Also how much time does it take to process EAD and can he travel to India during the EAD processing.Thanks again for your time.

Answer

Your husband cannot enter on L2 visa status since your L1 status has apparently expired in April, 2010, and your email is dated Oct. 13, 2010.

For your husband to enter the U.S. on L1B visa status, he would apply for L1B visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate based on USCIS approval of L1B petition filed by your husband's employer.

Ajay K. Arora