Immigration Issues/Both valid L2 and L1 visa simultaneously?

Question
I currently have an L2 visa and my Company is applying for an L1 for me.If my L1 visa gets approved.
1)Can I have both L1 and L2 visa.
2)Will L2 be cancelled once I get the L1 visa approved.
3)At what point will the L2 be cancelled? After I get L1 visa stamped or will L2 be cancelled when the company is processing for L1 itself.
4)If my L1 visa gets rejected,will L2 still be valid?
5) My son also has an L2 (L1 being my husband). Can I apply for an L2 again for my son while applying for my company applies for my L1.(In case my husband has to come back then my son has to come back and if I have to stay as L1 then it will be a problem)
5) Can my son have 2 L2 visas?
Thanks in advance for your answer

Answer

As you can hold only one status at a time, the latest action by USCIS determines the status that you hold. Thus, if L1 petition is approved granting you change of status, you will automatically be in L1 status upon validity date noted on the L1 approval notice issued by the USCIS, and no longer in L2 status. If L1 is denied, you will continue to maintain the underlying L2 status. If L1 is approved only with "consular processing" rather than "change of status", then L1 status will be effective only when you depart the U.S. and enter the U.S. again based on L1 visa stamp issued by a U.S. Consulate (normally in your home country).

Your son's L2 extension cannot be filed more than 180 days prior to expiration. Your son can extend L2 based on either you or your husband's L1 status, if you are both going to be in L1 status. He will maintain L2 status as long as his I-94 does not expire and as long as the L1 parent continues to maintain his or her L1 status.

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora