Immigration Issues/EAD Card for new job

Question
I have recently filed AOS based on my marriage to a US citizen, along with the I-765 for a new EAD. It usually takes about 90+ days to receive the new EAD card.
Can I use my valid EAD card (based on employment based green card application, with LC approved, I-140 appproved, I-485 outstanding for more than 180 days) and get a new job at a different company, without using AC-21? That is, although I have not received my new EAD card, can I use my current valid EAD card to start a new job?

Answer

Yes, you can use your existing EAD to work anywhere. However, if the previously filed Adjustment of Status application is denied for any reason (example: the sponsoring employer revokes the I-140 and there is not an AC21 letter from the new employer in the same or similar occupational category filed with the USCIS), the EAD connected with it is also considered void at that time.

In any event, by the time this occurs (if at all), you will have your new EAD based on AOS filed through your U.S. citizen spouse.

Ajay K. Arora