Immigration Issues/GC through employer sponsorship

Question
Dear Ajay K Arora,

Good Morning.
I completed MBA(Health care Management) and presently I am on H1B visa for the last one year. Am I eligible for EB2 with one year experience in non mangement job?  If so, can I request another employer( not the present employer) to file my GC? What is the procedure?

Thanking you in advance,
Sri

Answer

As you have a master's degree from the U.S. (or equivalent), the PERM process (also known as labor certification) which leads to a green card through employer sponsorship can be started in the EB2 category if the position requires a master's degree as well in order to adequately perform the job. You can be sponsored by your existing employer if you started working for this employer after obtaining MBA, or you can be sponsored by another employer. Incidentally, you are not required to be currently employed by the new employer if the new employer will file PERM for you. Additional information is here: www.h1b1.com/employmentbased.htm

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora