Immigration Issues/H1B or TN?

Question
While I am currently an M1 visa holder studying Shiatsu, my devoted work as
a Yoga teacher has been noticed by a studio.  The owner is willing to sponsor
me to be the Manager.  I have a BA and a Masters Degree in Education from
US schools.  I have 3 Yoga certifications.  I have certificate in Body Work, and I
am gifted in the field of Holistic arts.  I also have over 5 years experience in
Canada as a Business manager.  Would I qualify for a H1 Visa or a TN visa as
a Management Consultant?  Thank you.

Answer

Based on a combination of your degrees and employment experience, you appear qualified. I do not recommend the title of Management Consultant, as the employer does not appear to be a large organization, and is not really a consulting company. Thus, TN appears to not be an option in this instance as the list of occupations to qualify for TN are rather narrow (I am assuming that you are a national of Canada). Information about the TN category is here: http://www.h1b1.com/lcTNstatus.htm

H1B petition can be filed. A suitable title for H1B may be Business Development Analyst, and you appear qualified for H1B based on a combination of your education and experience. The title of Yoga Instructor is not recommended, as the position does not normally require a relevant bachelor's degree as a minimum qualification for the job.

The visa cap does not present a problem at this time. Please contact our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580 or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora