Immigration Issues/H1B transfer without pay stubs

Question
I am on H1B visa with one of the employer. He has not paid me since Jan 2010. Now I have got a full time offer with one of the companies and they want to tranfer my H1B visa. My company is not giving me my paystubs. Is there any way I can get my H1B visa transfered without pay stubs. Please suggest as I am totally stuck with my present employer and want to get rid of him.

Answer
Your new employer will need to file H1B transfer petition without recent pay stubs from your current employer. The new employer can still request "extension of status" if you submit a letter stating that through no fault of your own the current H1B employer did not pay your salary. You can attach evidence that you had earlier maintained your H1B status (prior to Jan. 2010), and perhaps provide a statement that the H1B employer systematically has not paid salaries to other H1B employees as well.

The USCIS may in its discretion grant you extension of status. If not, the petition through the new employer is still approvable, but the USCIS will not grant extension of status, only consular processing. In this latter case, you will need to apply for H1B visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in your home country and when you enter the U.S. you will be in status.

Ajay K. Arora