Immigration Issues/L2 stamped if I have filed my H1B?

Question
I am in India and my current employer here has filed my H1B.My husband is in US on L1 and I am planning to accompany him on L2.And I have my L2 filed now.Will there be any issue to get my L2 stamped as my H1 also has been filed ? Can I work for my current employer ,on L2 sponsored by my husbands company ?

Thanks,
swarna

Answer

There will be no problem being issued L2 visa stamp at the Consulate, and you can apply for L2 visa stamp anytime based on the fact that your husband is maintaining L1 status.

Approval of H1B petition by the USCIS either prior to or after your entry to the U.S. in L2 visa status will not effect your L2 status. In order to activate H1B status (if you select to do so), you will need to apply for H1B visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate (normally in your home country) and then enter the U.S. so that you are issued H1B visa status upon entry to the U.S.

As L2 allows for filing of employment authorization document (EAD) application, you can work anywhere when you are issued EAD.

You can call our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580 or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora