Immigration Issues/NVC letter after I-130 approved

Question
I entered US legally on a tourist visa, but overstayed and currently out of status. My husband who is a permanent resident filed for me a stand alone I-130 which was approved and at this point visa number is available as well.
I understand that I can not adjust status until my husband becomes a US citizen, because of overstay.
Recently we received a letter from NVC. They were both similar in nature but mine (beneficiary's) contained case number and invoice number. In the letters they ask us to choose address and agent. In my husbands letter they ask for Affidavit of Support fee.
This is all very confusing to me. I always thought that we will send affidavit of support together with adjustment of status application, work permit, etc.
What should be our next step?

Thank you.  

Answer

As you are planning on adjusting status in the U.S. after your husband becomes a U.S. citizen (you are aware that you cannot adjust status prior to that due to overstay), just disregard the letters, as they are relevant only if consular processing. When your husband becomes a U.S. citizen, you will file adjustment of status including supporting documentation at that time such as affidavit of support (Form I-864) and EAD application (Form I-765) which are normally filed with adjustment of status.

You can call our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580 or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora