Immigration Issues/Visitor Visa sponsorship question

Question
I am planning to apply for a B2 visa to visit my sister in the US for Christmas. She is a USC (as of mid 2010). She works for a major multinational company. I have previously been in the US for about 7 years on an F1 visa (now defunct post graduation). I am currently employed in my home country.
1. Should I ask my sister to sponsor my visit or should I show my own funds worth $5000 or so to prove that I can survive the three week visit? Is it better to file the I-134 from my sister anyway?
2. What document is needed to show that she is my sister?
3. Is it necessary for my sister to have a letter from her bank or is it enough to show her bank statements?
4. I am bonded to my current employer for three years (hence have to return to my job in my home country). Is it ok to show a copy of this bond letter as the original is filed with the government?
Thanks.  

Answer

I recommend that your sister file I-134 for you. To this she can attach copy of her latest federal tax return along with bank statement (letter from bank is not required) and if she is employed she can attach employment letter and recent pay stubs. You can also submit evidence that you have own funds.

Your birth certificate as well as your sister's birth cert. are evidence that she is your sister. It is OK to show copy of bond letter. You should also provide independent evidence of your employment such as pay stubs, tax filing, etc.

Ajay K. Arora