Immigration Issues/sponsorship by U.S. citizen spouse

Question
hi, i come to this country 8 years ago, i had a visa as a  turist, but i never come back to my country, 2 years ago i got married with a us citizen, and now with have a son, and i need to know what forms i have to file to adjust my status, because i get confused with these 2forms,i need to know which one is the one that i have to do, teh I-130 or the I-485, what is the differences between these two forms,please i need these information as soon as posible, it's very important,,thank u

Answer

The I-130 is the immigrant petition. In most cases, the I-130 is filed first, and upon approval and current priority date, the I-485 adjustment of status application is filed. In the case of immediate relatives, of which marriage to U.S. citizen is an example, the I-130 and I-485 are filed together with the USCIS. Both forms are filed together even if I-94 has expired. Additional information is here: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora