Immigration Issues/tourist visa / Marriage to GC holder

Question
I am from the Ukraine, have tourist visa, expires in 12/10. if i marry my fiance who is a green card holder, will my status change? would i be able to stay here legally? work here legally? apply for my own green card?  

Answer

After marriage, your wife can file an immigrant petition for you. If the priority date becomes current in the F2A category before your I-94 expires, you can file for adjustment of status (along with employment authorization application) and continue to remain legally in the U.S. and work until you obtain resident status. Information about the family sponsorship categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora