Immigration Issues/u.s. passport


i was naturalized when my mom became a citizen while i was 15, my mother did not apply for a passport for me though. now that I'm in the military, my supervisors are asking for a passport and i cant apply for one because i don't have a naturalization certificate because my mom was never given one for myself when i was younger. is there any way i can apply for a passport myself? thank you!

Hello Henson:

You should file form N600 (Application for certificate of citizenship) with USCIS; and will receive your citizenship certificate, if you meet all the legal requirements. You can apply for a US passport, upon reception of your citizenship certificate.


Annick Koloko

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.