Immigration Issues/visa waiver entry

Question
I am a perm resident able to take cotizenship in april 2011 my wife is a us citizen...my biological unmarried daughter 29 years and grandson 5yrs are coming over from uk on the visa waiver prog...is there anything I can file quickly which would allow them to stay past the 90days or is there anyway to get round this any help would be appreciated  

Answer

There is no exception to the rule which prohibits extension of stay in the U.S. for someone entering on the visa waiver program. If there is time, perhaps your daughter and grandson can apply for visitor visa (B2 visa) at the nearest U.S. Consulate. Entering on visitor visa will allow entry for up to 180 days, and this stay can be extended within the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora