Immigration Issues/visitor visa

Question
My stepson has a 10 year tourist visa for visits from Mexico to the US.  He is with us in the US now and must return to Mexico in February. How long must he return to Mexico for before returning to the US.  

Answer
There is no definite answer, but every entry requires answering questions from the immigration inspector regarding purpose of entry, and whether there is a residence abroad (in Mexico) to which the visitor intends to return. If he has just spent six months in the U.S. and returns within a few weeks to the U.S. again, there can certainly be questions about whether he has a permanent residence in Mexico to which he intends to return, and whether it is feasible for him to be a student or worker in Mexico if he is spending so much time in the U.S. There will also be questions as well regarding how he is supporting himself in the U.S. and whether he is working without authorization.

Ajay K. Arora