Immigration Issues/1-751 interview without spouse

Question

"I came into the us with a finance visa got married within 30day and was given a conditional green card.i filed the 1-751 jointly in feb 2010.in july,currently the relationship has gone sour and he is currently getting a divorce which he started in july 2010.Right now,immigration wants me to come for a interview with him based on the 1-751 petition i filed.i would like to know what chances i have if i attend this interview alone considering the fact that he does nt want anything to do with me anymore.any suggestion will be helpful."

Answer

You should go to the interview, as otherwise the I-751 (petition to remove the conditions on residence) will surely be denied. When you go to the interview, take evidence showing bonafide marriage relationship at an earlier point in time such as such as evidence of joint or commingled assets, evidence of joint residence, photographs, etc. Also take with you evidence that a divorce action has been filed. The I-751 can still be approved even if filed singly rather than jointly.

Ajay K. Arora