Immigration Issues/I-130

Question
I have two questions:

1. I got 130I approved, and F2B is in process. How long will it take for me to get green card. Also, I applied for it when I was under 21.

2. My husband came through Canada to come to America, and it was done without inspection. His parents are citizens of America. Can his parents put a file for him? Is there any other option for him to receive some kind of status here in America?

Answer

How long it takes for a GC in the F2B category is based on the priority date (when the I-130 petition was filed) combined with the country of chargeability. Information about priority dates and family sponsorship categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

A U.S. citizen parent can file an I-130 petition for their child, but the child cannot adjust status in the U.S. under the current immigration laws if he or she entered without inspection.

Ajay K. Arora