Immigration Issues/Additional travel documents along with my Green Card?

Question
Hi Ajay,
I am Indian Citizen with an Indian Passport. In the past few years I have received the Green card and I am now planning my first trip outside USA post green card. Presently, my Passport has an H1 B visa which is now expired. I was wondering if I need any additional documents or passport authorization over and above my green card to enter into United States.
Any guidance will be highly appreciated.
Thank you  

Answer

You need only your green card and passport, and there is no problem if you passport has an H1B stamp, as no action is required to cancel the stamp. If you will be traveling outside the U.S. for more than six months, you should consider applying for reentry permit. A reentry permit is mandatory for trips for between one and two years.

Ajay K. Arora