Immigration Issues/B2 visa to F1 visa

Question
I currently have a colleague who has just been issued an I-20 to attened school over in the USA. He was deemed to travel for visiting while he decides on which school to attend hence he current holds a B2 visiting visa but he has not come to the USA yet.
Now his I-20 has been approved and he already made travel arrangement bought ticket and stuff. What should he do, should he come in withhis visiting visa and then go an enroll in the school program with his appoved I-20?

Answer

Attending school is not allowed in B visa status, and changing status from B2 to F1 student visa status within the U.S. is not recommended. Thus, your friend should apply for F1 visa stamp at the U.S. Consulate and then he should enroll at the school when he enters the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora