You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1-B visa petition transfer


 Can you please help me with below query

I am currently  in India and have a valid H1B visa petition from my previous employer <Before Visa was stamped, I changed the company>. I have an offer in USA now. Can the petition be transferred to my new employer in USA.

If no, what are the other options I have to join the US employer.


Hello Sudhi:

It is not clear whether you already have an H1b status or an H1B stamp. The H1B stamp is used to enter the United States. Otherwise, you can transfer your current H1B petition to your new employer.
You can use your unexpired H1B stamp along with an H1B petition for your new employer to travel back to the United States.


Annick Koloko

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.