Immigration Issues/H1B TO L2

Question
I have recently got my H1B [from L2] for 6 months. I have to travel to my home country in feb.
1. My H1B Premium Processing is still in ACCEPTANCE status. How can I change back to L2.
2. If I work for 3 months [till feb] can I still go back to L2 status from US itself.My L2 I-94 date was till 2012.
3. If I can change the status to L2 how will my employer recover the premium processing fees?

Answer
If your H1B petition is approved granting you change of status, then you are already in H1B status, so it is not clear what you mean that your H1B premium processing case is pending. In any event, filing fees  can never be recovered.

You can change back to L2 status from H1B within the U.S. if your employer files a petition to change status. Alternatively, you can take your existing L2 approval notice (Form I-797, valid till 2012) and apply for L2 visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate and then enter the U.S., at which point you will be in L2 status.  

Ajay K. Arora