Immigration Issues/L1 Visa holder marrying US citizen

Question
Good morning ajay,
i am a L1 Blanket Visa holder with Valid Visa till Jan 2013. I am here for my work assignment and i am dating a US citizen and going to marry soon.I have a service bond with my comapny back in India and I am not sure about my immigration status as i am confused about this. Can I apply for the immigration after my marriage I came here in feb 2010 and my assignment is till 2011 august. Is there any problem going to happen to continue my job. i would greatly appreciate  your help.
Ashutosh

Answer

After marriage, you can be sponsored by your U.S. citizen spouse and receive resident status ("Green Card") in the U.S. Your employer will have no knowledge as to your sponsorship as the employer's signature is not required on any petitions or applications. You will receive EAD (employment authorization document) that will allow you to work without any restrictions, but you can still continue to maintain your L1 status (if you wish) by continuing to work for the L1 employer. The following webpage is helpful: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours or email info@h1b1.com for guidance when you are about to be married.  

Ajay K. Arora