Immigration Issues/Traveling Overseas while LPR

Question
Hello Dear.

I hope this email will find you in great health and  spirit. I like to ask you about citizenship and travelling overseas. I have been a resident since Nov 2005 , I stayed in the US permanently since until January 2009 when I came back to France for health problems I had surgery for few moles on my body and have been under tight screening the whole year, I'm planning to go back in January 1 week before it could be a year, so I would have left for 11 Months and 3 weeks. I do have letters from my doctors and I stayed half of 5 years that is needed to apply.....do you think I can apply for citizenship?

Thanks for your help

God Bless  

Answer

Since you appear to have a valid reason for staying abroad between six months and one year, the naturalization application can be approved if you can also provide evidence of maintaining your residence in the U.S. such as filing of tax return, mortgage or lease payments, utility bills, bank account, employment or school in the U.S., evidence of close family members residing in the U.S., etc.

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours or additional guidance, or email info@h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora