Immigration Issues/interview for an i-751 without my husband

Question
i came to the states with a k-1 visa,got married and was given a conditional green card which expired feb 2010.i applied for a waiver using 1-751 which i filed jointly.Currently,am separated from my husband who is the currently processing a divorce.i just received a letter from uscis stating i need to come with him for my interview and since we are no longer in good terms and he does not want anything to do with me any longer,i would like to know what my faith will be as regards the petition if i show up alone for the interview.

Answer

There is no choice but to appear for the interview. It can be explained to the interviewing officer that you are in the process of divorce and that you would like to amend the I-751 to file singly instead of jointly. I recommend carrying evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith, as well as divorce decree or at least evidence that an application for divorce is pending. Example of evidence showing that the marriage was entered into in good faith can be found here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

Ajay K. Arora