Immigration Issues/I 130 approved and priority date current

Question
My priority date is July 22nd 2010. I received the approval notice on Nov 30 2010. I would like to know when can i expect interview i just checked visa bulletin for month of January it say 01janruay 2008 i was disappointed by this can U please tell how long i have to wait for visa interview. i am green card holder

Answer

Your priority date in the F2A category is current for the month of December. Additional information about priority dates is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

If you are in the U.S., you should file adjustment of status application if you have not already done so. If you are outside the U.S., you may receive a package in December from the National Visa Center (NVC) with instructions to apply at a nearby U.S. Consulate for immigrant visa, but even if you do it is almost impossible for the visa formalities to be concluded in December.

In any event, whether inside or outside the U.S. at this time, you will obtain a green card only when the priority date is again current in the future, but it cannot be predicted when the priority date will again become current.

Ajay K. Arora