Immigration Issues/Marriage to U.S. citizen

Question
Sir,
My daughter is Indian, she wants to marry an US citizen..  Please let me know what kind of visa she gets and the procedure,  and how long it takes.
Thanks
A.Bhimasen

Answer

I am assuming that your daughter is currently in India.

If your daughter is engaged to a U.S. citizen, the U.S. citizen will file an K1 petition for her with the USCIS to enter the U.S. with the purpose of marrying her fiance: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

If she gets married in India, the U.S. citizen fiance will file a K3 petition with the USCIS: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2993.html

Ajay K. Arora