Immigration Issues/Visa for son of ill Vietnam war veteran

Question
My father, who is an American citizen, served in the U.S Air force for 8 years and did a tour of duty in Vietnam.  As a result of his time in Vietnam his health is very poor.

As I am an Irish citizen and currently living in Ireland I was wondering is it possible to get a visa to the U.S to help care for him?  I have a petition approved by the USCIS under the F1 category but according to the visa bulletin it will be many years yet before my priority date becomes current.

Kind regards,
David

Answer

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the priority date to be current in the F1 family preference category, as you are an intending immigrant and the U.S. Consulate is highly unlikely to allow you to enter on the visitor visa (B2) category irrespective of the circumstances.

Ajay K. Arora