Immigration Issues/canadian citizen petitioned by us citizen sister

Question
hi,im a canadian citizen and my sister would like to petitioned me,how long does it take to process my papers and could i still visit US?thank you.

Answer

Your sister will file an immigrant petition for you in the 4th family preference category: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

It will probably take about ten years (give or take a few years) for a visa to be available in the 4th family preference category: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

You can visit the U.S. in the interim; a visa is not required at this time for a Canadian citizen to enter the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora