Immigration Issues/Is my case closed for good?

Question
Hello, some years ago 12 to be exact my parents petitioned me and my brother for a green card I was 15 at the time, everything was ok, the only problem was that their finances could not cover us so we needed a sponsor... We were in Cd Juarez and it was hard for us to find our friends and relatives, they gave us an appointment the next day and came back home broken hearted specially because that meant staying in Mexico apart from our parents... Now we are adults and my mum in going to become a us citizen and we want to give it one last shot,We are not married and have no children, would our process be shorter because of our past history, having qualified for most of the requirements? Would we have to start our process over again like anyone else? I thank you for reading this and wait for your reply.        ROB

Answer

Unfortunately, due to the denial of an immigrant visa by the U.S. Consulate there is no benefit accruing from the earlier filing of the immigrant petition.

Your mother can file an immigrant petition for you in the F2B category, or she can wait until she is a U.S. citizen and file for you in the first family preference category. Information about the family sponsorship categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Ajay K. Arora