Immigration Issues/lost EAD card

Question
Hi, I am on  J-2 visa now and want to apply for work authorization, while filling the (i-765) form there is question 16 asking if you applied for work authorization before, ok, I did and I was granted the EAD card but that was three years ago and I lost the card the form tell me to send a copy and I don't have that what should I do? Please really I need help. thanks

Answer

The new I-765 application should still be approved and you should be issued new EAD. Add any information about previous EAD such as place and date of application, on what basis the previous EAD was granted (eligibility based on J2 status, or because of pending adjustment of status application, etc.) as well as noting that a copy of previous EAD is not available as it has been lost. If this information cannot be placed directly on Form I-765, add it in a note or letter attached to the I-765.

Ajay K. Arora