Immigration Issues/marriage on H1B

Question
I have an h1b with my current employer and an I-140 from a previous employer. My current employer is going to start the PERM/labor process soon. However I am also planning to get married in about 6 months to 1 year time. If the PERM/labor is done before my marriage, can I still file I-485 for my spouse alongside mine when the time comes ?

Answer

As long as you are married by the time your priority date is current, your spouse will be able to file her adjustment of status application alongside your adjustment of status application. Information about priority date is here: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Ajay K. Arora