Immigration Issues/I-485 Adjustment of Status based on Marriage to U.S. Citizen

Question
Dear Ajay,

Thank you for your prompt answer to my question regarding my residency.
From that I understand that I should put my residency (They are asking for the past five years on the G325 Form) as in "Toronto" (as I was still a visitor here at that time) until the day we got married here in US. We are providing a joint lease agreement from February (we got married on January 22nd). Is that the right thing to do?

Also - I have two citizenships (Canadian and Slovakian) - should I put them both on all forms?

Should the marriage certificate be a certified copy or is an ordinary copy ok? I found contradicting information.

I have attached a cover letter briefly explaining all the details, that should not be harmful, should it?

Thank you very much for your help. I am filing this week; I am trying to mail everything 60 days before my visitor visa expires.

Thank you again.
Janka

p.s. I copied our earlier communication below for your reference.

Answer

Yes, it is OK to state Canadian residential address until date of marriage, at which point you should write the U.S. address on G325 form as current address. You can attach the joint lease agreement with the sponsorship paperwork.

You can claim both Canadian/Slovakian citizenship on all forms.

Ordinary copy of all documents is OK, except that the medical exam should be original and submitted in sealed envelope from the doctor's office, and the passport-style photos should of course be original.

A cover letter explaining the details will not be harmful; however, it is neither required nor expected.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora