Immigration Issues/CANADA LANDED IMMIGRANT

Question
Good Day, My wife is a Canadian LPR Status and I am a US Citizen. She has intention to move here with me in the US as soon as she gets her Canadian Citizen. She will be eligible to apply in April, 2010. Can I go ahead and file her Permanent Resident Status here in the US. Would she loose her PR card in Canada in the event that her green card was approved prior for her citizenship in Canada?

Answer
Dear Edwin,
Everyone may hold as many permanent residence certificates of as many countries as they qualify for. So the answer is, yes you can go ahead with filing her PR application for the US prior to her obtaining citizenship. Regards, Katrin Maja

Katrin Maja Maehl