Immigration Issues/getting married

Question
Good day to you.
Thanks for letting me write to you and ask about this situation. My daughter entered the US with a student visa, graduated last year and presently is working with the opt 1 year permit. She and her boyfriend who is american are planning on getting married. What would be the correct way of doing so? and I30 visa and then an K1 visa?
thanks for your response
maria

Answer
Maria,
If your daughter is in the US now, then she could marry her US fiance in the US and not have to file anything prior to the marraige.  Once married, her U.S. citizen husband can file an immigration petition (I-130) and then your daughter (alien spouse) can file an application to adjust status to permanent resident (I-485) at the same time.  Since she is already in the US there is no need to file for a K1 visa.

Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley