You are here:

Immigration Issues/i-130 , but lost i-94


hello, I'm getting ready to file my i-130 but i lost my i-94 form, i still have my original passport with my visitor visa and the entry stamp , my question is , do i need to file for a copy of the i-94 before i file i-130? or can i send a copy of my passport showing the visa and the entry stamp?. thank you

Hello Renzo:

An I-130 petition is a petition for an Alien Relative. It can be filed by US citizens or legal permanent residents on behalf of their relatives. You did not specify your current status in the US.

Please provide more details.


Annick Koloko

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.