Immigration Issues/i-130 , but lost i-94

Question
hello, I'm getting ready to file my i-130 but i lost my i-94 form, i still have my original passport with my visitor visa and the entry stamp , my question is , do i need to file for a copy of the i-94 before i file i-130? or can i send a copy of my passport showing the visa and the entry stamp?. thank you

Answer
Hello Renzo:

An I-130 petition is a petition for an Alien Relative. It can be filed by US citizens or legal permanent residents on behalf of their relatives. You did not specify your current status in the US.

Please provide more details.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko
www.kolokolaw.com

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko